--Hetalia World Roleplay.

An Axis Powers Hetalia based Roleplaying Forum and Community.

HomeHome  Welcome.Welcome.  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
[Last Meeting :: None since Revival.] --- [Last Announcement Update :: Dec/16/10.] ... Canada says: Okay everyone! Forum has been revived, I suppose... just a few tweaks left and then we'll be good to completely restart! 8'D Thanks for sticking around, guys who did. <3 ---

Share | 

Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
America

America

Character Room Information
G8 Conference Room Number:

PostSubject: Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...   Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Okay, so, not to cause a controversial argument or anything, but at school my classmates and I got into a 'heated discussion' about the topic of gay marriage. Now, usually this would be stopped by a teacher or administrator, correct? But no. One of the teachers actually began arguing on the side of the student body who were against same-sex unions. This wasn't what mainly bothered me (teachers are allowed to have opinions, too, after all); it was the fact that she started bashing homosexuals and bisexuals, using words like 'faggots' and 'unholy satanists'. Being of the later persuasion myself (bisexual, not an 'unholy satanist'), I was very very upset by the way she was insulting myself and others like me. I was so very tempted to show her exactly how I felt with a lunch to the face, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been the best idea. Later, though, when I was at lunch, I overheard a conversation at the teacher's lunch table. It seems almost all of the teachers and the principle at my school are extreme homophobes. Which made me uncomfortable, considering quite a fraction of my school's population is gay or bi. And I don't thinks it's right that teachers allow their personal bias to affect their treatment of student. (I swear my friend's grade dropped by about 5 points after our Agriculture teacher heard our conversation about his boyfriend.) *sigh* But I guess it can't be helped. -3-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Austria

Austria

PostSubject: Re: Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...   Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 am

I use the word faggot all the time. I usually dont mean faggot as in gay person though. But all the gays I know are all "OMG DONT USE THAT ITS RUDE" and im like "dude it means a pile of sticks or a cigarette in england. i can let it mean anything. DERP."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
America

America

Character Room Information
G8 Conference Room Number:

PostSubject: Re: Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...   Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Well, it's not the word itself that bothers me. It's when it is used in a derogatory way. Like the way this teacher was using it. And I know that people (teens especially) aren't all going to be open-minded and will throw that word around a lot. But I thought it was beyond inappropriate for a teacher to be using such language in a classroom setting. ;P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iceland

Iceland

PostSubject: Re: Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...   Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 am

Shocked
It's really awful that your teachers behave like that! D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...   

Back to top Go down

Rambling about the idiocies of high schoolers...
Page 1 of 1